Parkinson’s Disease (PD) is a debilitating neurogenerative disease that can result in both motor and non-motor dysfunctions. Integration of OMM into the care of patients with Parkinson’s Disease can help address issues with movement, balance, gait, and quality of life. In this workshop, we will discuss how OMM can be utilized to treat PD symptoms. Research conducted using a PARK-OMM protocol will be reviewed and discussed. Additional treatment approaches to help with PD symptoms will also be covered. Future research possibilities to improve the understanding of how OMM effects PD patients will also be discussed.
Objectives and Goals:
1. Review Parkinson’s Disease pathophysiology and signs and symptoms
2. Discuss motor and non-motor symptoms that can be address with OMT
3. Review structural findings associated with PD
4. Discuss application of osteopathic manipulative treatment following the 5 models of treatment
5. Review PD research and discuss potential future directions